UNIT - I
- Introduction to photography.
- Early experiments in photography - brief history of camera.
- Principle of photography.
- Types of cameras.
- Basics of motion picture photography.
UNIT - II
- Lens: Characteristics of lens: Focal length, Focus, Iris
- Depth of field, Shutter speed.
- Types of lens : Zoom Lens, Prime Lens, Narrow Angle Lens.
- Wide Angle Lens, Normal lens.
UNIT - III
- Importance of lighting in photography and videographer.
- Properties of light, how light travels , colour source.
- Basic lighting techniques, three point lighting, key light, fill light .
- Back light and background light .
- Lighting instruments : Flood light, Spot light
UNIT - IV
- Picture composition, Framing effective shots.
- The shot , scenes , sequences, types of shots.
- Shots based camera's distance from subject .
- Camera angle and camera movement .
- File formats,Types of Digital Storage – Raw image file, JPEG, TIFF, PNG, Targa, EPS.
- Compressing & color correcting .
- Introduction to photo editing software Photoshop and Lightroom.
- Basic tools in Photoshop Lasso, Pen, Crop, Clone, Layers, Filters.
UNIT - V
- Product photography – Consumables, Durables, Food, Cosmetics
- Portrait photography
- Landscape photography – Seasons, time: twilight, noon, dusk; silhouette
- Composition Normal, Wide Tele
- Nature Photography - Landscape, Wide, Close up
- Action Photography - Pan, Freeze frame
- Indoor Photography - Portrait, Single, Group, Still life